TOP 5 SMART LED TV IN JULY 2019Last Updated on July/13/2019
What is Smart TV?
It’s basically a combination of a computer and a television. A smart TV gives you the power to connect to the internet. It also lets you access a web-based interface, like Android. You can download and use apps like YouTube, Hot star, Amazon Prime Video, SonyLiv, Netflix, and many more popular apps.
So it’s not surprising that a lot of people want to buy Smart TVs. The good news is that they’re really cheap. Despite the cool features, you can buy a smart TV at around the same rate as a regular TV. So there’s no reason not to get one.
It sounds pretty cool, doesn’t it? A smart TV is an advanced and upgraded version of a regular TV. You can do so many things with it.
In this article, I’m going to list and review the top 5 Best Smart TVs to buy in India 2019.
- Ever wondered what do you mean by 48-inch TV? It is the size in inches measured diagonally.
- What size of TV you will need? , measure the distance between your Tv and your planned viewing place, suppose it comes at 150 inches, divide this number by 3 so 150/3=50 inches. This is the size which you will need.
- If you are going for 4K Tv then multiply the number you get from the above calculation by 1.5-2 times.
- Use a stand instead of hanging on the wall, it will shorten the viewing distance and hence the size of the Tv.
There are Four types of display technologies we shall briefly discuss them.
LCD (Liquid Crystal Display)
- Cheapest of all technologies.
- Dissipates more heat compared to Led.
- Consumes more power.
LED (Light Emitting Diode)
- Better colors especially the ones which are using RGB Backlighting.
- Better picture clarity with better contrast levels than Lcd Tv.
- Led tv’s consumed less power than Lcd ones.
- The blacks in Led are darker than Lcd.
- In order to have good viewing angles look for IPS in LED tv, QLED and OLED already have IPS so no need to look for it in those TVs.
QLED (Quantum dot Light Emitting Diode)
- It uses quantum dot technology by Samsung.
- Thicker screen than OLED.
- It produces more colors and better black levels than LED Tv.
- It also reproduces white levels better than OLED Tv.
OLED (Organic Light-Emitting Diode)
- Stands for Organic LED (Light Emitting Diode).
- Each pixel is individually lit, as a result, OLED displays can produce deeper blacks since individual pixels can be turned off completely.
- It has the thinnest screen.
- This technology is used by LG.
- The resolution of your TV determines its clarity; it is basically the number of pixels in one square inch, the higher the better. Currently, three types of resolutions are available in India.
- Hd ready- 720P suitable up to 32-inch size for your bedroom or if your living room is small.
- Full Hd- 1080P available from 32 inches onwards.
- 4K Ultra HD Tv- 3840x2160 available from 42 inches onwards.
Currently, most of the content on Indian Television is not shot in 4k, so if you are not an avid fan of Netflix or amazon prime then no need of buying a 4K Tv.
On the other hand, if you want to future proof your investment then it is best to buy a 4K Tv as we expect that most of the content will be shot in 4K in the future. With the launch of Jio Giga-fiber and other broadband high-speed internet services, you will find more and more content in 4K.
Audio and connectivity
- As TV’s become smarter they also are becoming thinner which leaves little space for good sound systems, consider purchasing a sound bar to enjoy your smart TV viewing experience.
- It is best to have the maximum number of HDMI ports in your tv, you should not buy a tv which is having less than 4, you will require to use HDMI ports for gaming consoles, set-top box, DVD players, sound bar, laptops, digital cameras. If the number of HDMI ports is less, you might have to unplug one device to plug another which can turn out to be a hassle. Also, look for USB ports more they are better it is.
- If you are planning to buy a 4K Ultra HD Tv then look for HDMI 2.O or HDCP, these are compatible with 4K.
- Look for Bluetooth connectivity in your smart tv, you will need it to connect your Bluetooth keyboard, mouse, speakers, headphones.
- The output ports are 3.5 mm jack, RCA output or HDMI ARC. In HDMI ARC it gives you the best quality output audio with minimum loss.
You can have smart TV’s with Bluetooth remotes nowadays, which are way better than your infrared remotes in terms of range.
CHROME CAST AND MIRA CAST
It is a pen drive like device known as the dongle. You can plug it onto your smart TV using the HDMI port. It enables you to connect with the internet using Wi-Fi.
You will need an app to run the Chrome cast. Using this device you do a lot more things such as streaming videos of your choice online.
Brands that support Chrome cast on their smart TVs are Google, Sony, and Toshiba.
The Mira cast is just a replica of Chrome cast. It is an alternative option for the latter. This can create duplicate content on a portable device to another. And, then you can connect to the Smart TV.
You can connect this to different devices without the help of the internet. It ensures proper functioning. The different brands that support Mira cast are Sony, Samsung, Panasonic, LG, and Toshiba.
HDR (High Dynamic Range) AND WCG
If you are buying a 4K TV it is a nice idea to look for an HDR compatible set, it will give you more colors, better contrast between whites and blacks. The industry standard is HDR-10 but you will find Dolby HDR in more high-end 4K TV’s Samsung has its own standard calling it HDR-10 Plus, depending on your budget you can opt for the HDR standard.
Please note that for playing HDR content you will need an HDR set-top box which is currently not available in India, if you plan to watch content on Netflix or Amazon Prime Video then only you should opt for HDR enabled 4K TV.
Apart From HDR, WCG (Wide color Gamut) is also a feature worth noticing, it essentially gives you better color reproduction so you will see brighter colors on a TV having WCG.
If you want to future proof your 4K TV then go for an Ultra HD 4K TV.
10-bit color depth
If you are going for a 4K TV, then ensure that your TV has a 10-bit color depth it will allow for 1024 shades of color, in comparison lower 8-bit color depth TV’s will allow for only 256 shades of color. There are TV’s having even higher 12-bit color depth but a 10-bit is more than enough and minimum for HDR. This means that you will be able to note subtle differences between colors in your image and it will be more realistic.
As we discussed earlier your TV channels don’t stream 4K content yet, the best you get a full HD. Now what happens is that there remains a gap in terms of pixels, full HD is 1920x1080.
Pixels which your TV channels are airing while your TV can show you 3840x2160 Pixels, so if you watch full HD content on your 4K TV without up scaling then you will see Picture in only 25% of your TV while the rest of the screen will be blank.
TV’s have picture engines that tackle this problem by filling in the blank spaces, cheap TV’s can’t do up scaling in a proper manner. In the case of up scaling at least, you can use the thumb rule, costlier the better.
Now how to test this in a store? When you go to a store ask for the remote from the salesperson then turn on the natural mode or the cinema mode (normally the TV’s will be in vivid mode).
Then search for some HD and some NON-HD channels in TV’s without good quality picture engines you will see a noticeable difference in the quality of the image. Look close to really magnify the difference.
OS (Operating system)
The experience of smart TV is enhanced by the OPERATING SYSTEM which we use. There are currently three types of OS in the market:
- Google- certified Android TVs:Phones or TV’s anything with “smart” word in it is bound to have a Google footprint. These TVs are supported by the Android version designed by Google specifically for smart TV’s. Apart from all the Google apps like YouTube, Google assistant these TV’s also support voice typing.
- Android-Based Smart TVs:These are the basic Android version with apps like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Google pre-installed.
- Third party OS:Samsung uses its own OS Tizen which it developed a few years ago for smartphones, while LG uses Web os which is LG’S own OS.
Worried about the 4K technology? won’t your 4K become obsolete that soon? In Indian markets people are just starting to accept 4K TV’s as the prices become budget friendly, remember that yet 4K content is not available readily. Hence it is safe to say that you won’t be needed to buy an 8K TV in India at least for a few years.
If you prefer to watch TV in the dark (during late nights) then opt for remote which is backlit it makes it easier to operate.
Go for a brand which has its authorized service center in your city, instead of saving a couple of thousands on a cheaper alternative.
Don’t fall for marketing gimmicks like curved TV, they don’t offer any real advantage over flat ones. On the contrary, they reduce the viewing angles and hence give you an inferior tv viewing experience.
Don’t buy by seeing the contrast ratios. The numbers are not reliable trust your own eyes and visit a physical store to see the difference.
1). Sony Bravia 32 inches Full HD LED Smart TV KLV-32W672G (Black)
When it comes to TVs, no other brand in the world has made such a huge impact other than Sony. Sony is one of the leading producers of the TV for a long time and when they decided to launch the Sony Bravia smart TV, things cannot really go wrong with this one, isn’t it?
- The TV gives amazing clarity with full High Definition 1920 x 1080 resolution. You would be able to see the smallest details in your TV and all thanks to the X- Reality Pro feature.
- There is an option of multiple languages so that you can choose your regional Indian language and navigate. So no matter which language you want to taste, Sony has brought you all of them.
This is one of the most durable TV presents in the market and that too within an affordable price. The one-touch button to connect to Netflix and YouTube is a great option. Without a shadow of a doubt, this TV can surely be your choice in the search of best TVs.
- With the thrilling HDR feature, you would be able to see all the details in the darkest corner of the picture. The texture of the picture is amazing and wi surely make you spellbound.
- The Smart Plug and Play option helps you to share Medias from any other smart devices very easily.
- Now you can see your favorite photos on a larger TV screen along with others.
- The remote provided with the TV has a direct YouTube and Netflix button so that you can watch your favorite shows and programs by clicking only once. Pretty crazy, isn’t it?
- It has great quality audio as well as a visual display.
- The manufacturer claims security against lightning, humidity, surge, and dust.
- You can customize the language of navigation among the Indian languages.
- It has a low refresh rate.
- It comes with HDMI ports to connect it with the set-top box as well as the Blu-rays. And, there are 2 USB ports as well to connect WiFi and LAN connection.
- The TV remote is a standard one with a few specific buttons for Netflix, YouTube, etc. Further, the smart TV uses the Linux operating system.
- There are inbuilt woofers as well as the sound outputs of the Smart TV puts out 30 watts.
- This Smart TV comes with Remote Control, Two Batteries, AC Power Cord as well as Table Top Stand.
- The Sony Bravia 32 Inch KLV-32W672F has a screen resolution of 1920X1080 pixels. It has an LED display type and is fully HD.
- It comes with a warranty period of a year. Thus, it makes it easy to use without any hassle.
- The refresh rate is only 50 Hz. It is comparatively lower than any other Sony models.
2). LG 43 Inches 4K UHD LED Smart TV (108 cm)
It has some of the best features which you would always want on your TV. Have a look at the features and see it for yourself that why it is such a brilliant product.
- The premium webOS launcher bar would give you access to the endless world of entertainment.
This TV has many more amazing features like Jellybean Video Calling so that you would be able to enjoy Video Calling on the big screen. Have you ever imagined that? Other features include access to unlimited entertainment through LG content store and much more which makes this TV worthy of its price.
- • The 4K Ultra HD quality with four times the pixel density when compared to other TVs, will surely surprise you when you watch your regular shows in such a brilliant manner.
- LG has also integrated an Active HDR technology that helps to optimize the pixel of each scene so that it adds more.
- The Nano Cell Display adds life to the millions of colors which make the picture 64 times richer. Amazing, isn’t it?
- The Ultra Luminance features distribute contrast throughout the TV in such a way that you would be able to see the darker pictures as crisp and clear as you would see on the bright part.
- It has a video calling option.
- The viewing angles are wide.
- This Smart TV has several picture modes as well as a good active picture upgrading.
- You can select in between 3 modes of sound.
- It allows you to download apps and games available only on the LG store.
- Resolution : 4K Ultra HD (3840x2160pixels), Refresh Rate: 50 hertz
- Warranty: 1-year standard manufacturer warranty from LG
- Display: IPS 4K | Active HDR
- Smart TV Features: Built-in Wifi | Cloud Photo and Video | WebOS | AI ThinQ
- Connectivity: 4 HDMI ports to connect STB, Blu Ray players, gaming console | 2 USB port to connect hard drives and other USB devices
- Sound: 20 Watts Output | 4K Jazz Sound | DTS Virtual: X | Built-in Woofer
3). Samsung 43 Inches Full HD LED Smart TV UA43N5470 (108 cm)
This TV comes in 43 and 49 inches of the size which is a full-fledged smart TV. Here are the features that make it worth its price:
- It has a LED display technology with a resolution of 1920×1080 pixel which is full HD the output is great picture quality with vivid colors and immaculate details. It supports HDR that makes the display lively.
- It has divided the screen into zones. There is a micro dimming pro-technology which analyzes each zone for purer whites and deeper blacks.
- The sound output is of 40 watts that comes from for internal setups.
- It has 2 HDMI ports, 1 USB port which supports ARC (Audio Return Channel), a CF card slot, 1 aerial cable, LAN port, and some digital audio out component’s connection. It also has a built in Wifi.
- The remote that comes with the TV is a standard IR based remote that’s used for navigation.
- It runs on Tizen interface which has been developed by Samsung and has a lot of functionality.
- The company gives a warranty of 1 year on the product.
- It can mirror the linked smartphone
- A wide variety of apps can be downloaded as per your needs
- Does not require a set-top box as there’s space for a CF card on the TV itself
- It has a great sound system that’s Dolby Digital
- It has only 1 USB port.
- Display Size: 108 cm (43)
- Built-In Wi-Fi: Yes
- USB: Location: Side
- HDMI: Side
- Speaker Output RMS: 20W
4). TCL 43 inches 4K UHD Smart LED TV 43P65US (107.88 CM)
TCL has some of the most affordable features which will surely help you to get some good experience in front of the TV. Have a look at the features.
The sound quality is one of the biggest USP of the Even though the speakers claim to be of 10W the amazing sound that it produces is much better than that. Get ready to experience an immersive audio output.
The picture quality of this TV can be defined as ‘outstanding’. The colors are of superb quality and the crisp details are what you have always been looking for in your TV.
The Mirror Casting Technology present on this TV would help you to view everything on your television which you are viewing on your mobile. So if you have a nice movie or some brilliant pictures to show to your friends and family this feature will always help you.
The 60 Hz refresh rate would give you a blur-free and smooth TV watching experience. So never miss an action scene because of laggy refresh rate.
If you are someone who loves big screens and want to experience huge viewing angles, but is tight on budget, then this is the best option that you have. The TV will surely help you to get the best value for money.
- 1.5-year warranty
- Cool features & apps
- 4K resolution
- The TV is big and heavy, so it may be hard to set up in the room
- Warranty Information: 18 months warranty.
- Display: Ultra HD
- Smart TV Features: Linux based operating system | T-Cast for wireless sharing
- Sound: 20 Watts Output | DTS-Dolby digital sound
- Connectivity: 2 HDMI ports to connect a set-top box, Blu Ray players, gaming console | 1 USB ports to connect hard drives and other USB devices
- Resolution: 4K Ultra HD, Refresh Rate: 60 hertz
5). Kodak 32 Inches HD LED Smart TV Kodak 32HDXSMART (80CM)
This TV has a screen size of 32 inches. It has a 1366 x 768 resolution. The refresh rate is 60 Hertz. It has an A+ grade IPS panel. There are 3 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports, and 1 VGA port. The audio output is 20 watts. This TV has an Android OS. It has a 1 GB RAM and 8 GB ROM. The processor model is ARM Cortex A7. It supports apps like Netflix, Hotjar, and Youtube.
There’s a free wall mount that comes with the purchase of this TV. It helps you install the TV in any room by mounting it on the wall. The TV weighs 15.1 kg. Here are its pros and cons:
- Sound: 20 Watts Output | In-built box speakers
- SmartTV Features: Android-based Smart TV with ARM Cortex – A7 core processor(1 GB of RAM & 8 GB ROM) | Supporting Application : Netflix, Hotstar & YouTube
- Connectivity: 3 HDMI ports to connect a set-top box, Blu Ray players, gaming console | 2 USB ports to connect hard drives and other USB devices
- Display: HD, A+ Grade IPS Panel, Premium Finish Design
- Resolution: HD, Refresh Rate: 60 Hertz